Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Last Day as a 2 year old...

Today is Dotty's last day to be a 2 year old. My how the time has gone by fast. It seems like just yesterday we were having her 2nd birthday party and now a year has already past.

It seems like just last week she was a tiny baby I was holding in my arms. So soft and sweet and new.

This past year has not been easy due to the "terrible twos" and for other reasons but in a way this year has taught me to treasure time with Dotty. I don't get to see her every day and there are moments in her life I miss due to work or whatever. But because of the past year's "life lessons" I have learned to enjoy the time I do have with Dotty.

I have learned to stop and have dinner in "Dotty's kitchen". To listen to her making up stories with her dolls. To sing with her. To laugh with her. To let her cry. To watch her dance.

I think so often I get busy just "living" that I forget to really enjoy my life. Of course laundry has to get washed and groceries have to be bought and baths and bedtimes must be done...but raising Dotty is not a chore. Raising Dotty is a joy...and I want to enjoy every part of it.

I hope Dotty enjoys her last day as a 2 year old. I know 2 years ago I didn't particularly enjoy Sept 7th. But I endured contractions and pains and just being down right uncomfortable...for one reason. Happy Birthday Presley! My best gift to both girls was not making them share their birthdays with each other!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment