Thursday, September 9, 2010

I wish I had a camera...

Lots of times in life things happen where I say "I wish I had a camera" so I could capture the moment or better yet record it on my Flip.

Yesterday even though there were lots of cameras and my Flip was filming, there were still moments that I just hope I remember forever.

It started when Dotty and I pulled into the Chuck E. Cheese (CEC for short) parking lot. Dotty was getting out of her car seat and as I was gathering up our stuff she asked..."Is today just MY birthday party?" (Presley's birthday being the day before Dotty's was a hard thing for Dotty to understand).

When I told Dotty that this party was just for her the smile she had and the little clapping she did just melted my heart (although I did think it was a little selfish on her part...but hey...give her a break...she is 3).

This she asked "Will all the presents be for me?"
"Yes" I said.
Dotty asked "Presley won't get to open up any?"

Okay at this point we were teetering on the edge between cuteness and brattiness so I nipped it in the bud.

I told Dotty that today was her special day. That everyone has a special day. That we also need to enjoy when others get presents or get to celebrate and we also need to thank those who come to our special day. I told her Presley and the other kids would be getting goody bags to open at the end of the party.

Dotty's smile slowly faded and because I know my child so well I told her I had also made a goody bag for her just like the other kids....big smile returned.

Lots of other great things happened that night. Dotty playing air hockey was just great. Her victory dance is something Ocho Cinco would be jealous of and I am sure she would get a 15 yard penalty for it.

But one of the best things of all was when Dotty was opening gifts.

I had been asking Dotty all night if she needed to potty knowing that with all the fun she would not want to take a potty break. She kept telling me no so we kept right on going.

Half way through opening presents Dotty stops mid paper rib and says "I tee teed in my panties."

"Oh no"...followed by a little smothered laughing was done by most in attendance.

Memaw asked "Dotty do you need me to take you to the potty?"

Dotty answered "No Memaw. I told you I JUST DID tee tee." This was said slowly and loudly in case Memaw had missed it the first time.

Loud laughter was heard throughout the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment