Tuesday, November 9, 2010

4:30 AM Feedings...

When Dotty was a baby we had a lot of early morning bottle feedings. Even as she grew up we were up a lot in the early morning hours with her wanting her sippy cup. However since we have adopted the new cup (with the straws so she can't sleep and suck) Dotty has been sleeping wonderfully...knock on wood...7 or 8 hours solid a night. I have been in heaven...pure restful nights sleep heaven.

When Dotty got her ear infection last week she was up a lot in the night...I think just in pain. But she was back to sleeping well in just a few days.

Last night she went to bed at 9pm...and I did too...I love Daylight Savings! Then at 4:30 I woke up to hear creaking noises then nothing. Then the faint sound of "Momma??" being called out.

I got up...Dotty was not in bed...PANIC. I checked her bathroom...no Dotty...DOUBLE PANIC. And then when I was about to find a phone to call 911 I saw the outline of Dotty in the dark in the kitchen.

"DOTTY!!!!" I screamed...loud enough to wake my 80 year old nuns that live next door...ran to her and grabbed her up.

Dotty then said "I want some oatmeal."

My thoughts were...Are you kidding me???

But she has not been eating much lately so from 4:30 until 5:30am Dotty ate two bowls of oatmeal, I read her two books and she watched one cartoon show. Then she snuggled up to me and fell asleep.

I could not go back to sleep.

The good news is...Dotty is eating more...and with the extra 30 minutes I had this morning I was able to really fix my hair.

It is always better to look on the bright side...well the almost bright side. Sunrise was not until 7am this morning...but it was a beautiful one...and I am glad I got to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment