Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Chicken at 6:30am

Dotty is a mixture of many people in our family. Sometimes I think she looks like me. Sometimes I think she looks like Tony. A lot of the time I think she looks like Payton.

She also acts like a lot of us. She loves to sleep late like her Daddy. She loves to eat chicken like me. She loves Dr. Pepper like her Papaw Nichols and she loves pecans like her Papa Montz.

She shops like Nana and she she loves her nails painted like Julie (and by Julie).

She also wants to eat the minute her eyes open like her Memaw. My mom used to have a Diet Coke and two Snackwell cookies before she even opened her eyes when I was growing up and living and home and Dotty is a lot like her.

This morning I was getting ready in my bathroom when I heard Dotty call out...

"Momma...I need chicken!"

I walked in her room and Dotty's eyes were closed. But as I was about to leave she said...

"And ketchup...please."

No comments:

Post a Comment