Thursday, November 18, 2010

Trouble Sleeping...

...not Dotty...me.

This time of year I always have trouble sleeping. I have a million things on my mind...most of them deal with pecans.

Last night I woke up at 2am and could not go back to sleep. I got up and wrote down all I needed to remember to do today...3 pages worth of stuff that I could barely decipher this morning. Then I read for at least an hour. I was just about to turn on the tv when I decided to go check on Dotty.

She must have smelled me or something because the minute I walked in the room she sat up and asked for "pupcakes" (the 100 calorie packs of mini chocolate cupcakes...I know I am a bad mom but they do have lots of fiber and they are only 100 calories...and i only let her eat 2 packs a day).

Mind you at this time it was getting close to 4am. I went to the kitchen and got the pupcakes then took them to Dotty. I watched in amazement as my child ate all three pupcakes with her eyes closed the entire time. She only missed her mouth completely one time.

She then rolled over and went soundly to sleep. I curled up next to her and watched her for another good hour or so...then fell asleep until 6am when my alarm went off.

Trust me...watching my little girl sleep was better than any show I would have been able to find on tv at that time of night...or any time for that matter.

I am still amazed at her...and not just her eating habits...but all of her. I have to say...and forgive me for bragging...but we did a heck of a job when it came to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment