Friday, November 5, 2010

Pain in the Ear...

Luckily Dotty did not get sent home from school yesterday. She was able to make it the entire day. We even went to dance class. It was going to be a new class for Dotty. This time she would be doing tap as well as ballet.

She was very excited. She had the same teacher...Ms. April...who she loves. There were also going to be a lot more in her class this time...so it was an opportunity to make more friends.

The tap is done first then the children come out to their parents to change into ballet shoes. When the door opened Ms. April was holding Dotty's hand and coming with her toward me. Never a good sign.

I automatically assumed Dotty had hit or bit another child or done something terribly wrong. I just knew we were going to be banned from the Parks and Rec school of dance.

Ms. April said Dotty wasn't acting like herself...I held my breath. Then Ms. April said Dotty had been holding her ear all through class...I still was waiting for the line where we were banished from dance and for us to have to do the walk of shame.

Then Dotty said..."Mommy, I don't feel good."

I then immediately felt terrible myself...but not a physical sick...rather an "I am the worst parent in the world" sick because I was not understanding my child was ill. I was assuming she was being bad.

I thanked Ms. April and Dotty and I headed to the clinic. After a long wait we were told Dotty did have an infection in her right ear. We got the prescription for some antibiotics and were sent home.

Dotty was not eating or drinking much yesterday but she already seems to be doing better today.

I hate it when my baby is sick. I also hate when I feel like I cannot do much for her. Thankfully Memaw is staying home with Dotty this morning so Dotty is in heaven. Then Daddy will have Dotty tonight and she is always thrilled to see her daddy.

Hopefully she will be well asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment