Friday, January 7, 2011

Dotty Does Not Want Anything....

At times my child does not want to cooperate...at all. Yesterday morning she did not want to get out of the car to go into school. She was watching her movie and she informed me it was not over. Since we have seen in about 100 times, I could have informed her I already knew that bit of information. However, I just told her she had until a certain point came on, and then the movie was going to be paused so she could go to school.

The certain point in the movie came on. I paused the movie. Dotty was not happy to say the least.

After a few minutes of being told I was basically the worst momma in the world, Dotty got out of the car and stomped (literally) into school. Needless to say, we were once again late.

On the way up the stairs Dotty and I had an interesting talk.
Me..."Remember you have Dance after school today" said in a cheery tone.
Dotty..."I don't want to go to Dance this day" said in a not so cheery tone.
Me...pause for inspiration..."Well then how about we go to Toys R Us after school and you can pick out a new toy."
Dotty..."I don't want any toys."
Me..."How about a million dollars."
Dotty..."I don't want any dollars."

I could see where this was going. So, I shoved Dotty in her classroom. I gave the teacher the all knowing "good luck with this one" look. Then I headed to work.

At 4:15pm "this day" Dotty gladly went to Dance class and I was glad she did not remember my not so sincere comments about Toys R Us or the "dollars".

(Side Note: Dotty has a thing with saying "this day" when she is referring to today. I think in her mind "this day" has more emphasis...but I am not totally sure about that or a lot of things my child says.)

No comments:

Post a Comment