Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pajama Day



Last week Mrs. Hall, Dotty's teacher, told me that since the weather was going to be so bad this week that plans had changed. Originally the children were going to have a "hibernation" day where they went outside and learned how animals hibernated. The kids were supposed to dress warm and cozy for this process. However since the temp was not going to get above freezing Mrs. Hall told me that the kids could have a "pajama" day instead.

Apparently Mrs. Hall told no other parents but me.

Dotty picked out a pretty princess nightgown to go to school in (I had to layer a long sleeved shirt and pants under it but she was fine with that). When we got to school, both Dotty and I got weird looks.

Dotty got the "you poor child your mother does not even dress you for school" look.
I got the "you terrible mother...can't you even dress your kid for school" look.

I went to find Mrs. Hall.

To my surprise Mrs. Hall was in her pajamas. So I just shrugged my shoulders...kissed Dotty goodbye...and left a happy girl at school. She was showing everyone her pajamas. I think she enjoyed the attention...however it was intended.

(Side Note...Dotty asked if I got to go to work in my pajamas. When I told her I did not get to she thought we should have a pajama day at the 'Con Shed...I might have to agree.)

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I think you should have a PJ Day at the shed. What fun!!!

    ReplyDelete