Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Eighth Dwarf - "Grouchy"



The Eighth Dwarf, "Grouchy", is a cousin to "Grumpy" and is female. Since the other seven Dwarfs are all males, Grouchy chose to live outside the cottage. Currently she has taken up residence in my home.

At first I could have sworn she looked a lot like my sweet baby girl Dotty, but after last night and this morning I am sure it is in fact Grouchy who now lives with me.

Nothing I (not even Memaw) said or did has been right in the past 24 hours. Let me tell you...she has been a joy to be around. I dropped her off today and wished Mrs. Hall all the best.

Thursdays are always hard for Dotty. I think she gets tired of going to school and she starts to miss her daddy (although this week she saw him on Tuesday so I am not sure I can use that as an excuse).

The only way I could get her dressed and headed to school was to tell her that in order to go to Dance class and to get to play with Presley later today she had to go to school. If she chose to stay home (and thus I had to stay home) then she would not get to go to Dance and she would not get to see Presley and Memaw later tonight.

Boy am I glad that did not backfire. I have no idea what I would have done if she would have called my bluff...

No comments:

Post a Comment