Thursday, January 20, 2011

So Much to Say...

Okay...in just a matter of days I have wanted to post about a million things about Dotty. Too bad I cannot make time stand still so I can write it all down and not miss out on the next great thing she is up...or sleep!

Dotty and Nana's Pajama Day...
Dotty stayed with Nana Monday for MLK Day. Luckily for me Nana said "Just bring her out in her pajamas."
So I did.
Thus became...Pajama Day...for Nana and Dotty. Dotty has talked nonstop about how much fun she had on Pajama Day with Nana. Even NANA wore HER pajamas ALL DAY!
Dotty was a little miffed that she had to brush her teeth and hair but overall Nana's Pajama Day was a big success.
And I have to give kudos to Ruth Ann for getting Dotty down for a nap. Not many of us "nonprofessionals" can achieve such a feat!

Dotty Reads to Memaw...
The other night I walked in to Dotty's room fulling expecting to see what I see a lot of nights...Memaw reading to Dotty. But that night I saw...and heard...Dotty reading to Memaw.
Dotty was reading "Possum Come a Knocking". This book is really weird to me but Dotty loves it...and apparently she has almost memorized it.
It was so cute to see how close Dotty got to actually saying the story exactly right and the expressions she used. She sounded just like Memaw!
We either have an actress or a teacher on our hands...either way I am signing her up to read at Story Time at the local library...as soon as she can actually read.

SURPRISE...It is Your Birthday...
The last few days Dotty has been throwing me a "surprise birthday party" almost every night. She decorates with a balloon and "streamers" (old shoe strings). She "makes me a cake" (plastic food from her toy kitchen) and I get a present (she will be a pro "re-gifter" someday).
She is such a sweet girl!

Thank You Desiree...
Sometimes I think my friends are really my worst enemies. :)
Desiree is always so sweet to share some of the things Emma has outgrown...clothes, toys, you name it!
Tuesday Desiree brought Dotty a toy "Wiggles" guitar. Thankfully the batteries were run down.
Unfortunately, Memaw put in new batteries.
Dotty LOVES that thing. She plays it over and over AND OVER AGAIN! Her favorite song is the one Wags the Dog sings. When I asked her why she said "Because you move your hips!"
The sound goes "Move your hips with Wags the Dog. Join right in and sing along. Come on now you're dancing with Wags the Dog."
I am slightly worried that my 3 year old likes to "mover her hips". We will keep an eye on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment