Thursday, January 6, 2011

Mom's Okay...but Memawa is Better

I know I have mentioned this before, but lots of times I feel like I don't get to have any "fun" time with Dotty. I feel like I am getting her ready for school, for a bath, for bed. I often feel I am not a "fun mom".

So yesterday I took off from work early to spend some time with Dotty. When I got to her school to pick her up she was happy to see me...for about 5 seconds. Then she asked if we could go see Memaw at "The 'Con Shed" (as Dotty pronounces Pecan Shed).

I told her we could go see Memaw or we could go to a park. By only the slightest of margins the park won. After an hour there though Dotty was getting cold and was ready to go home. I needed to run into the grocery store and Dotty had a great idea...

"Let's go to the Con Shed and get Memaw. Then she can sit in the car with me while you run into the store."

She was so happy about the idea, I of course asked Mom to come go with us. And of course she did.

We took Memaw back to the Con Shed and headed home. Dotty played with me for all of 10 minutes before she asked me to call Memaw. I did and Dotty got on the phone...

"Memaw will you come to my house and play with me?"

We all know the answer to that one.

When Dotty heard the answer was yes...Mommy was now obsolete. I was even banned from the Doll Room until Memaw got there.

I am so glad Dotty loves her Memaw, and as I watch my mom playing with Dotty I can totally see why Dotty is just crazy about her. I had grandmothers that I would rather be with too so I know how lucky Dotty is.

(Side Note: Dotty is crazy about ALL her grandparents. Presley's Papa (my dad), Nana and Papaw (Tony's parents) are all awesome grandparents. I am just not around them as much as I am Memaw so I don't have as many cute stories about them. But make no mistake...Dotty is loved by many...and she loves them all back very much!)

No comments:

Post a Comment