Saturday, January 8, 2011

Payton's Pal

Dotty is absolutely crazy about her cousin Payton. And Payton is a true sweetheart and is super good with Dotty. He is patient and kind. He lets Dotty have her way...all the time. He is just a very good cousin.

Today Payton had a basketball tournament and even though his team did not win a game...he continues to win my heart. At 13, Payton could find Dotty a little on the annoying side I am sure. But he always takes time to play with her and listens and talks to her and as a mom that just melts my heart.

We were at the top of the stands when I pointed out to Dotty that Payton had just gone back in the game. Dotty yelled "GO PATE!" Then she looked up at me and said "I love Pate." Said simply and matter-of-factly.

Then she turned around and started playing with a wrapper on the ground but in that moment I saw how much she did LOVE her Pate. To her he hung the moon. He was her cousin and he was great.

Children are so open and honest at this age. For this reason I know Dotty's love for Pate is loyal and lasting. Just like his for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment